Egg-splore Tropical world this Easter
Saturday 30 March – Sunday 28 April 2019
Egg-splore Tropical World this Easter, with our exciting twist on the traditional egg hunt.
Do you know the difference between a crocodile and tortoise egg? Or how about an Iguana and python? Look out for eggs from creatures of all shapes and sizes, and learn amazing facts about them along the way.
Plus, meet the keepers who care for all the different species whilst they give them some Easter treats of their own. A timetable of daily feeding times with keeper talk will take place from Monday 1st April through to Sunday 28 April. The times and animals are subject to change. Feeding times will be displayed on site daily. A typical daily feeding timetable will consist of:
- 10:30am – Bats
- 11:30am - Meerkats
- 1:30pm – Birds (South American House)
- 2:30pm – Meerkats
Tropical World Meerkat Experience Competition
Throughout April we are hosting a prize draw competition as part of our Easter egg trail inside Tropical World to win a Meerkat Experience. Three prizes are up for grabs.
The prize includes
- Free into Tropical World
- A keeper talk
- Feeding the meerkats
- Photo opportunities
- Getting up close and personal with meerkats inside the enclosure with a keeper
- A goody bag to take home
How to enter
Complete the Easter egg trail inside Tropical World and then complete the form with your name, email address and contact number.
Prize draw entries will close on Sunday 28 April and winners will be chosen at random and announced on Monday 29 April 2019.
The prize will be valid for up to 6 months and bookings to undertake the Meerkat Experience must be pre-booked.
Age range for children undertaking the experience is 5-15 years and must be accompanied by an adult (parent/guardian).
The prize draw is free to enter. Normal admission charges into Tropical World apply.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is Leeds City Council whose registered office is at Civic Hall, Calverley Street, Leeds, LS1 LUR.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years and over. Entrants are asked to complete a prize draw entry form. Employees of Parks and Countryside or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter.
- There is no entry fee into the competition normal admission charges into Tropical World apply.
- Details of how to enter will be provided on site at Tropical World, via social media and the Tropical World website.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be Sunday 28 April. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted and winners will be picked at random.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- If the Promoter does not receive a response from the winner within 72 hours of its first attempt at contact, the winner rejects their prize, the entry is subsequently found to be invalid or in breach of these terms and conditions that winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered. The competition prize is valid for 6 months and a date to undertake the experience must be pre-booked with Tropical World. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Publicity and promotional material includes videos, photos, blogs, vlogs, and marketing and advertising. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize that are not specifically included in the prize.
- Please note there is no disabled access into the Meerkat enclosure but a suitable alternative prize will be given in this circumstance.
- Up to five people can attend the experience with a maximum of two adults.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.