Leeds City Council Privacy Statement
This privacy notice is specific to the Tropical World website
We care about your privacy. We will treat your personal information as confidential. Leeds City Council (LCC) fully complies with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Tropical World collects personal information when you subscribe to receive our E-newsletter, book tickets for your visit/s to Tropical World and when you voluntarily opt in to receive marketing information from us by email, about related promotions and/or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. For example personal data that you volunteer when using our services, name email address, billing address, delivery address and contact telephone numbers.
1. Leeds City Council takes its obligations under the Data Protection Act very seriously. The information you provide when you subscribe and/or book a visit to Tropical world will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to make sure that it cannot be seen, accessed or disclosed to anyone who should not see it.
2. The information you provide will only be used to process your order if you have booked tickets for Tropical World and manage your account. Your details will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we may share information with other people and organisations where we are required by law to do so, or with appropriate justification under the Act. This includes where disclosure is necessary for the council to exercise its statutory functions (for example in processing your order LCC may be required to send your details to fraud prevention organisations and where required use information from credit reference agencies).
3. Tropical World booking system is supported using a system provided by our service partner, TYG. TYG, are a company that provides a cloud based software system which effectively manages e-ticket sales for Tropical World. TYG have access to Tropical Worlds booking database and the personal information contained within it to process your ticket order/s. They will not, however, share this information with any other party.
4. If you agree to subscribe to our E-newsletter we will email you about other services we think may be of interest to you. Tropical World will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside of Leeds City Council.
5. If you have consented to receive our e- newsletter, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you and can request all information held on you to be deleted/erased. All the personal data you provide as part of your subscription to the e newsletter will be retained for the length of your subscription. After this point, it will be securely destroyed.
You have a right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email DPFOI@Leeds.gov.uk.
We will ensure where possible your personal information is accurate and up to date; you may ask us to correct or remove inaccurate information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more detailed information on Cookies and privacy at Leeds City Council please see our Privacy Statement page.
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy statement only applies to the Tropical world website so when you link to other websites we recommended you read their privacy policies.
How to contact us